Many bloggers and Webmasters, believe the only way to monetize a blog or a page is with advertising .Just enough to place some banners and ready, already going to get rich.
When you already have more experience in online business soon you realize that it is not. To make money with advertising hundreds of thousands of page views per month are needed. To achieve this result, you need to invest a lot of money in the growth of the site (content, SEO, etc). Obviously, many sites will never reach these numbers.
But fortunately, there are many other ways to monetize a website, blog or online store and among these is the affiliate marketing . This form of monetization is to promote other people ‘s products in exchange for a commission.
Despite what many “gurus” believe, affiliate marketing can generate more money than advertising , and if done right can generate a good passive income .
I personally have worked with the affiliate program of Amazon , both in the Hispanic market and in the Anglo market (with shops and blogs) and in my opinion is one of the best affiliate programs there.
The commissions are low, but Amazon has a very high conversion, so compensated and since I started working with Amazon, have been generated an income of 300-500 € to totally passive month. I know it’s not much, but not bad knowing little work required.
In addition, to achieve those profits with Adsense , assuming we have a CTR of 1%, we would need about 100,000 visits per month.
Many sites, especially e – commerce, offer affiliate programs , which lets you earn a percentage of each sale you generate through your website.Usually, to use it , you must follow these requirements:
– Have your own website, if you do not know how, here I leave a tutorial
– sign up for the affiliate program,
– generate the affiliate link of the product you want to promote (through a web interface),
– put the link on your website (usually within a page that talks about that product).
Thus, if a reader access your website, and you click this link you will be redirected to the official website where the product is sold. And if then compares the product, you will bring you a commission. And at the end of each month will pay you all your commissions.
However, commissions physical products are generally very low (3-10 percent). But for digital products such as electronic books, where the manufacturer has a top margin, commissions are higher, which can even reach 30-70%.
There are thousands of affiliate programs in the Hispanic market. Some are managed directly from e-commerce sites, other sites by special “collectors” in which you can find affiliate programs related to many different topics.
Why then choose the Amazon affiliate program The reasons are many and I’ll explain below:
First, the Amazon affiliate program has several important advantages for members:
– as commissions are quite good , often higher than those of competitors, and can range from 5% to 10% depending on the categories of products,
– Amazon pays always if you have not reached the minimum threshold ( 25 € for transfer and 50 € for check), your commissions have to reach the threshold and will make the payment will be saved (this does not happen with other affiliate programs)
– the interface to use to generate links and search products promotes is very simple and intuitive ,
– gives you very detailed reports (revenue, orders, tracking links, etc.) and allow you to analyze the performance of each campaign
– gives you several tools to promote products (animated banners, text, images, etc.)
– the service is fast and accurate,
– it has a forum appropriate for your affiliates so that they can exchange advice, help, and opinions,
– the affiliate program of Amazon is virtually identical worldwide, making it easy to find tutorials and help in other internet forums (in English, of course, but there are also in Spanish)
– Amazon page converts very well is designed to make customers buy
– you can earn commissions, regardless of whether the customer buys it is the product or not .Example: A client accesses through your link to buy a TV, and suddenly buy slippers, Amazon will tell you the commission also. Also, if you buy more than one item, you also get a commission for every product you buy (for 24 hours, which is what does the cookie)
This last point is very important because Amazon is a moneymaker . By the time the customer enters the page, start to send recommendations and suggestions to buy more than one product.
Okay, I hope I’ve convinced of the advantages of Amazon affiliate program. Now let’s talk about what really matters: how to make as much money as possible with Amazon?
In the last part of the article, I will explain what the basic techniques I use to maximize my profits are:
I usually read comments from people who experiment with affiliate programs and abandon them because they earn almost nothing. Most of these people make the same mistake: for them using an affiliate program means placing some banners or links in more or less their website generic positions.
You must avoid this error. Why do not you have to use banners The reasons are many:
– Many users are already accustomed to banners and know they are advertising
– generic banners such as promoting generic categories, do not give motivation to the customer to click on them
– a banner placed on the sidebar or other generic position not contextualized with the content of the page, so you do not get as many clicks as a contextual link
Therefore, the links must be inserted in the content in order to capture the user when reading.
Anyone who is making money with Amazon will tell you the same thing: the best way to increase your conversions is to create reviews of products and inserting affiliate links in the text.
There is no escape if you want to win as Amazon affiliate must write reviews.
Also, if you want to get maximum results must be sincere reviews, so if you have not tried the product, I recommend you do some research and know well how it works.
Another common error is to insert a single link in the review or maybe one at the beginning and at the end. To maximize the conversion rate, you have to do is to insert the affiliate link in several locations within the review. Not only that, you also have to use different types of links.
First, it is, of course, the link context that is inserted into the body text. Enter at least three times, or more if the review is longer:
Basically, the reader should be able to click on a link to buy all the time throughout the text, not to have to look for it.
The second option is that Amazon offers, which is the product iframe. This is a much more sophisticated visualization, which includes a product image, price, and of course the link to buy. It also provides other buttons, such as “buy now”.
Amazon offers the possibility to use tracking Ids each link you create. These are simple sequence of characters that can be created using the tools provided on the website of the affiliate program. Each time a link is created, you can associate a specific label.
A common amazon affiliate marketing mistake is the use of a single label, which was created in the registry for all affiliate links posted on the site. Why is an error?
Using a different label for each link and for each type of link, clicks can instantly identify those carrying the product. So do not waste this great option.
Another very convincing way to show links to products you’re promoting is to create product lists. These can be, for example, the list of the best books on photography, or the list of the best wireless headphones, and so on.
To work well, these lists should have a clear and graphically attractive structure, showing all products but only with the necessary information. For example, you can display a product image, title, a brief description, price and of course the link to buy.
When you start making several reviews and pages and each insert several links, an image price, and other information about the product as well as the “Buy Now”, you will notice that and rather boring s and extremely time-consuming. Fortunately, there are several tools to speed up this process. In my opinion, it is the best investment you can make.
If you are using WordPress for your website, I highly recommend the EasyAzon plugin . This plugin is simply indispensable if you do not want to spend hours and hours creating reviews. It also gives you a major advantage over other affiliates who are not using.
EasyAzon lets you create links directly from within WordPress, while you’re writing the review. It also offers some templates that allow a single click to see the product in a more attractive way to increase your sales dramatically.
It is a 2 × 1: saves you several hours of effort and greatly increases your conversion.
I use it since one year ago and since I installed it I noticed important sales and increase conversion in general. The only flaw is that it is a payment plugin. The cost is $ 47, about 43 € at the time of writing this post.
In my opinion, it is worth the investment, because it is very easy to recover, considering the time savings and increased sales you get with.
If you’re still monetizing your site only through Adsense and your income does not allow you to make ends meet, I highly recommend that you try to make money with affiliate marketing, especially the Amazon.
Well in this post I explained how to make money with Amazon and different ténicas to maximize fancies.What else do you need?
So go ahead, register your affiliate program and start making money. If you have any questions, please know I Have This Test. I will endeavor to respond as soon as possible.
You may also like- Common Affiliate Marketing Mistakes