Many times we find the challenge of writing content for our email marketing How can we maintain the level consistently? What can we write? Will you like our subscribers? Do become customers?
And many questions difficult to answer, especially if we are starting to work with email marketing.
That’s why I’ve prepared this little guide with some tips that I’m sure you will be very useful if you follow your creative process will improve, and thus the results of your newsletters.
Shall we begin? Ahead!
We know by ” people ” representing our ideal clients, you can have that need, but it is advisable to start with.
The idea is to personify your ideal client, with their problems and needs, strengths and weaknesses, both personally and professionally, their expectations, their desires, etc.So that, when you write your newsletters, do your-your and your subscribers feel identified with your content.
As if you were speaking directly to them!
I propose an exercise , imagine you were a car salesman and a customer enters your dealer.
Without knowing anything about this person How would you do to sell a car?
Too difficult not you think?
However, if we knew a lot more about this person we would be easier to understand their needs.
In email marketing is the same.
How can we then create our first person or ideal client?
There are several steps we can take to generate a ” person “:
1. Define physical characteristics:
– Your age, sex, if you have or have no family
– Economic Level
2. own objectives and pressures charge the same
– For example, if you sell software, say a CRM, meet the needs of the person in relation to their work and the pressures that may have, such as the lack of use of these tools.
– Desire up in the company
– Increase sales
3. Personal Aspirations
4. Knowledge and experience
With all this information we can get a better idea of what we offer our subscribers.
Something that can work very well, and help us empathize with the subscriber is the storytelling. Although doing so may well be difficult, it is worth the effort.
The key to creating a good story is to create characters with which our customer can relate to.
From there we can raise the story following general structure:
1. Title: mission accomplished / obtained
2. Subtitle: What was done so far and why he has not served
3. We begin by explaining the situation or problem
4. discovered the reader the solution
5. We explain why this is the solution
6. We explain why this solution did not exist before and now I
7. Results obtained thanks to the new solution
8. Features of this new solution.
As you can see, it is not difficult in terms of the steps, but create a true story in which your subscribers are reflected, which are reflected their problems and perceive the solution proposed in our email marketing as the right solution to their problems.
This is what is difficult to master, be credible and sell without it being too obvious.
We go to the next step of generating content for email marketing.
Another point that helps a lot to focus the subject of an email is a list of tips, either numbered or points. A list highlights visually and draws the reader’s attention.
But, How to build a good list of tips?
I’ll I’ll show right now, just with a list of points
1. The list must be numbered, step by step
2. If possible , use images not be more
3. It should contain links to articles or content for more information
4. Include holders to be easy to read
5. As far as possible include opinions and experiences of other customers
6. Include also featured tips and tricks and complementary
7. Link to a future content or product, for example, will discuss in future articles …
Thus we can show content or complex concepts in an easily structured way to transmit in an email, perfect for an email marketing campaign .
We have one last step to get the perfect email
Now I will tell you the totally honest, and you will see how to create interesting issues is something that you can do if you have not noticed:
– We all want fast results
This is the reality, mainly because we live in a society that demands a lot and gives us a little time to achieve our goals.
So people need quick solutions that go to the point.
Think about it.
How many books have been titled:
” Learn English in two years “
” Learn English in 7 days “
More than I can count.
As with the affairs of our email marketing alike. We must try to make clear from the outset that we will offer something useful that will be an improvement and not going to take effort too great.
I’ll put some examples that can also be used as a basis in the affairs of your email marketing:
1) X tips to get [introduces the benefits associated with your product or service] -> 7 Quick Tips to sell more online
2) What do to [get something]? -> What can you do to sell more with your newsletters?
3) [Problem] [question answer to the problem]? -> Your site does not sell anything Have you tried email marketing?
4) Adios a [problem] X [solutions] -> Goodbye to boring newsletters 7 tips to your subscribers want to read you
5) Get [target], X tips to get [target] without [difficulties] -> Get more subscribers, subscribers get 10 tips for effortless
6) [Getting something] helps you [troubleshooting] -> Create your account Mailrelay helps you reach the inbox
7) Get [target] before anybody else and [surprised] -> Get more subscribers before your competition and arrivals
8) The best way to [achieve target] [Advantage]! -> The best way to sell on the internet The email marketing!
9) Discover the secret to [get objective] -> Discover the secret to increase your sales online
As you can see, direct, to the point and none seem to indicate that a great sacrifice on our part is necessary.
If I’m honest, I think they’ll improve much with your email marketing.
Needless to apply them all at once, you can start small and see which combination works best you.
Nor is it necessary to be an expert writer, begins slowly and you will see improvements.